USA Trending News

Marlborough MA man faces child porn charges for second time this year

A Marlborough man who was charged with child pornography earlier this year is facing several new charges after police allege he was caught downloading similar material.

Marlborough Police arrested Michael L. Ryan, 37, on at 3:52 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 12, after an investigation.

Ryan pleaded not guilty during his arraignment Wednesday in Marlborough District Court. Judge Nicole Longton ordered him held on $1,000 bail in the new case, but revoked Ryan’s bail on the previous case, meaning he will be held without bail for at least 90 days.

According to Marlborough Police Department press release, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children contacted Marlborough Police regarding suspected child pornography being uploaded to Google from a Marlborough address.

‘No Escape Room’: New video shows parents, teens the dangers of sextortion

According to the release, police obtained several search warrants from Marlborough District Court and a subpoena filed through the Attorney General’s Office to get information regarding the IP addresses and other identifiers to who uploaded the pornography.

Police said the information identified Ryan as that person.

Police say they found porn on electronic devices, Google Cloud account

On Aug. 7, police seized several electronic devices from Ryan, who has no fixed address. During a forensic investigation, police found several images of young children “depicted in a lewd state or nudity and/or sex act,” according to the release.

Police then found another Google Cloud account that they said Ryan created and they found several videos of children nude or performing sex acts, according to the release.

Police arrested Ryan and charged him with three counts of possession of child pornography.

‘Our work doesn’t stop’: Mass. agency that aims to prevent child neglect honors two legislators

Marlborough Police previously arrested Ryan in February after receiving a tip from the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children. In that incident, police alleged they found more than 500 images and videos depicting child pornography on Ryan’s cell phone.

In that case, he is charged with possession of child pornography. He was last in court on that case on Monday, Aug. 11 the day before he was arrested on the new charges. Ryan is due back in court for that case on Sept. 29 for a trial readiness hearing. He is also due in court that same day for a pretrial conference on the new case.

Ryan’s laywer, Darrin Sloan, could not be reached for comment.

Norman Miller can be reached at 508-626-3823 or nmiller@wickedlocal.com. For up-to-date public safety news, follow him on X @Norman_MillerMW or on Facebook at facebook.com/NormanMillerJournalist.

This article originally appeared on MetroWest Daily News: Marlborough man faces child porn charges for second time this year

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button